Abdon in the Bible
1. A judge of Israel, in the time of the judges
- Judges 12:13-15 And after him Abdon the son of Hillel, a Pirathonite, judged Israel. 14 And he had forty sons and thirty nephews, that rode on threescore and ten ass colts: and he judged Israel eight years. 15 And Abdon the son of Hillel the Pirathonite died, and was buried in Pirathon in the land of Ephraim, in the mount of the Amalekites.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Abdon.
2. A Levitical city
- Joshua 21:30 And out of the tribe of Asher, Mishal with her suburbs, Abdon with her suburbs,
- 1 Chronicles 6:74 And out of the tribe of Asher; Mashal with her suburbs, and Abdon with her suburbs,
3. A Benjamite chief
- 1 Chronicles 8:23 And Abdon, and Zichri, and Hanan,
4. Son of Gibeon
- 1 Chronicles 8:30 And his firstborn son Abdon, and Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Nadab,
- 1 Chronicles 9:36 And his firstborn son Abdon, then Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Ner, and Nadab,
5. Son of Micah
- 2 Chronicles 34:20 And the king commanded Hilkiah, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Abdon the son of Micah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asaiah a servant of the king's, saying,
Also called ACHBOR
- 2 Kings 22:12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king's, saying,