Ziph in the Bible
1. Two cities of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:24 Ziph, and Telem, and Bealoth,
- Joshua 15:55 Maon, Carmel, and Ziph, and Juttah,
- 1 Samuel 23:14-15 And David abode in the wilderness in strong holds, and remained in a mountain in the wilderness of Ziph. And Saul sought him every day, but God delivered him not into his hand. 15 And David saw that Saul was come out to seek his life: and David was in the wilderness of Ziph in a wood.
- 1 Samuel 23:24 And they arose, and went to Ziph before Saul: but David and his men were in the wilderness of Maon, in the plain on the south of Jeshimon.
- 1 Samuel 26:2 Then Saul arose, and went down to the wilderness of Ziph, having three thousand chosen men of Israel with him, to seek David in the wilderness of Ziph.
- 2 Chronicles 11:8 And Gath, and Mareshah, and Ziph,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Ziph.
2. Grandson of Caleb
- 1 Chronicles 2:42 Now the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were, Mesha his firstborn, which was the father of Ziph; and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron.
3. Son of Jehaleleel
- 1 Chronicles 4:16 And the sons of Jehaleleel; Ziph, and Ziphah, Tiria, and Asareel.