Uzzi in the Bible
1. A priest
Son of Bukki
- 1 Chronicles 6:5-6 And Abishua begat Bukki, and Bukki begat Uzzi, 6 And Uzzi begat Zerahiah, and Zerahiah begat Meraioth,
- 1 Chronicles 6:51 Bukki his son, Uzzi his son, Zerahiah his son,
- Ezra 7:4 The son of Zerahiah, the son of Uzzi, the son of Bukki,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for UZZI.
2. Grandson of Issachar
- 1 Chronicles 7:2-3 And the sons of Tola; Uzzi, and Rephaiah, and Jeriel, and Jahmai, and Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father's house, to wit, of Tola: they were valiant men of might in their generations; whose number was in the days of David two and twenty thousand and six hundred. 3 And the sons of Uzzi; Izrahiah: and the sons of Izrahiah; Michael, and Obadiah, and Joel, Ishiah, five: all of them chief men.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Uzzia.
3. Grandson of Benjamin
- 1 Chronicles 7:7 And the sons of Bela; Ezbon, and Uzzi, and Uzziel, and Jerimoth, and Iri, five; heads of the house of their fathers, mighty men of valour; and were reckoned by their genealogies twenty and two thousand and thirty and four.
4. Son of Michri
- 1 Chronicles 9:8 And Ibneiah the son of Jeroham, and Elah the son of Uzzi, the son of Michri, and Meshullam the son of Shephathiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah;
5. An overseer of the Levites
- Nehemiah 11:22 The overseer also of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha. Of the sons of Asaph, the singers were over the business of the house of God.
6. A priest in the time of Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 12:19 And of Joiarib, Mattenai; of Jedaiah, Uzzi;
- Nehemiah 12:42 And Maaseiah, and Shemaiah, and Eleazar, and Uzzi, and Jehohanan, and Malchijah, and Elam, and Ezer. And the singers sang loud, with Jezrahiah their overseer.