Uriel in the Bible
1. A Levite
Son of Tahath
- 1 Chronicles 6:24 Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son.
2. A Levite
Assisted in moving the ark of the covenant
- 1 Chronicles 15:5 Of the sons of Kohath; Uriel the chief, and his brethren an hundred and twenty:
- 1 Chronicles 15:11-12 And David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for the Levites, for Uriel, Asaiah, and Joel, Shemaiah, and Eliel, and Amminadab, 12 And said unto them, Ye are the chief of the fathers of the Levites: sanctify yourselves, both ye and your brethren, that ye may bring up the ark of the LORD God of Israel unto the place that I have prepared for it.
3. Grandfather of King Abijah
- 2 Chronicles 13:2 He reigned three years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam.