Tola in the Bible
1. Son of Issachar
- Genesis 46:13 And the sons of Issachar; Tola, and Phuvah, and Job, and Shimron.
- Numbers 26:23 Of the sons of Issachar after their families: of Tola, the family of the Tolaites: of Pua, the family of the Punites:
- 1 Chronicles 7:1-2 Now the sons of Issachar were, Tola, and Puah, Jashub, and Shimron, four. 2 And the sons of Tola; Uzzi, and Rephaiah, and Jeriel, and Jahmai, and Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father's house, to wit, of Tola: they were valiant men of might in their generations; whose number was in the days of David two and twenty thousand and six hundred.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TOLA.
2. A judge (leader, hero) of Israel
- Judges 10:1-2 And after Abimelech there arose to defend Israel Tola the son of Puah, the son of Dodo, a man of Issachar; and he dwelt in Shamir in mount Ephraim. 2 And he judged Israel twenty and three years, and died, and was buried in Shamir.
⇒Definition of tola
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Tola.