Timnah in the Bible
1. A duke of Edom
- Genesis 36:40 And these are the names of the dukes that came of Esau, according to their families, after their places, by their names; duke Timnah, duke Alvah, duke Jetheth,
- 1 Chronicles 1:51 Hadad died also. And the dukes of Edom were; duke Timnah, duke Aliah, duke Jetheth,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TIMNAH.
2. A city in the territory of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:10 And the border compassed from Baalah westward unto mount Seir, and passed along unto the side of mount Jearim, which is Chesalon, on the north side, and went down to Bethshemesh, and passed on to Timnah:
- 2 Chronicles 28:18 The Philistines also had invaded the cities of the low country, and of the south of Judah, and had taken Bethshemesh, and Ajalon, and Gederoth, and Shocho with the villages thereof, and Timnah with the villages thereof, Gimzo also and the villages thereof: and they dwelt there.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Timnah.
3. A city in the mountains of Judah
- Joshua 15:57 Cain, Gibeah, and Timnah; ten cities with their villages: