Talent in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- 1 Kings 9:14 And Hiram sent to the king sixscore talents of gold.
- 1 Kings 9:28 And they came to Ophir, and fetched from thence gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought it to king Solomon.
- 1 Kings 10:10 And she gave the king an hundred and twenty talents of gold, and of spices very great store, and precious stones: there came no more such abundance of spices as these which the queen of Sheba gave to king Solomon.
- 1 Kings 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TALENT.
(A weight equal to three-thousand shekels-about one hundred twenty-five pounds)
- Exodus 38:25-26 And the silver of them that were numbered of the congregation was an hundred talents, and a thousand seven hundred and threescore and fifteen shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary: 26 A bekah for every man, that is, half a shekel, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for every one that went to be numbered, from twenty years old and upward, for six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty men.
⇒Definition of talent
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Talent.
Of gold, about six-thousand pounds, or twenty-nine thousand one-hundred dollars
Of silver, four-hundred pounds, or one-thousand nine-hundred forty dollars
Parables of the
- Matthew 18:24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
- Matthew 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
- Matthew 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.