Sycamore in the Bible
(A tree) Abundant in the land of Canaan
- 1 Kings 10:27 And the king made silver to be in Jerusalem as stones, and cedars made he to be as the sycomore trees that are in the vale, for abundance.
- 2 Chronicles 1:15 And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem as plenteous as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycomore trees that are in the vale for abundance.
- 2 Chronicles 9:27 And the king made silver in Jerusalem as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycomore trees that are in the low plains in abundance.
- Isaiah 9:10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SYCAMORE.
Groves of, cared for
- 1 Chronicles 27:28 And over the olive trees and the sycomore trees that were in the low plains was Baalhanan the Gederite: and over the cellars of oil was Joash:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Sycamore.
Destroyed by frost
- Psalms 78:47 He destroyed their vines with hail, and their sycomore trees with frost.
- Amos 7:14 Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:
Zacchaeus climbs into a
- Luke 19:4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.