Snow in the Bible
- 2 Samuel 23:20 And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man, of Kabzeel, who had done many acts, he slew two lionlike men of Moab: he went down also and slew a lion in the midst of a pit in time of snow:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SNOW.
- Job 6:16 Which are blackish by reason of the ice, and wherein the snow is hid:
- Job 9:30 If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
- Job 37:6 For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.
⇒Definition of snow
On Mount Lebanon
- Jeremiah 18:14 Will a man leave the snow of Lebanon which cometh from the rock of the field? or shall the cold flowing waters that come from another place be forsaken?
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Snow.
- Psalms 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
- Lamentations 4:7 Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire: