Shephatiah in the Bible
1. Son of David
- 2 Samuel 3:4 And the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith; and the fifth, Shephatiah the son of Abital;
- 1 Chronicles 3:3 The fifth, Shephatiah of Abital: the sixth, Ithream by Eglah his wife.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHEPHATIAH.
2. A Benjamite, father of Meshullam
- 1 Chronicles 9:8 And Ibneiah the son of Jeroham, and Elah the son of Uzzi, the son of Michri, and Meshullam the son of Shephathiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shephatiah.
3. A valiant man who joined David at Ziklag
- 1 Chronicles 12:5 Eluzai, and Jerimoth, and Bealiah, and Shemariah, and Shephatiah the Haruphite,
4. A ruler of the tribe of Simeon
- 1 Chronicles 27:16 Furthermore over the tribes of Israel: the ruler of the Reubenites was Eliezer the son of Zichri: of the Simeonites, Shephatiah the son of Maachah:
5. Son of Jehoshaphat
- 2 Chronicles 21:2 And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah: all these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel.
6. The name of two men, ancestors of families which returned to Jerusalem from the captivity in Babylon
- Ezra 2:4 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
- Ezra 2:57 The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Ami.
- Ezra 8:8 And of the sons of Shephatiah; Zebadiah the son of Michael, and with him fourscore males.
- Nehemiah 7:9 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
- Nehemiah 7:59 The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Amon.
7. A descendant of Perez
- Nehemiah 11:4 And at Jerusalem dwelt certain of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin. Of the children of Judah; Athaiah the son of Uzziah, the son of Zechariah, the son of Amariah, the son of Shephatiah, the son of Mahalaleel, of the children of Perez;
8. An enemy of Jeremiah
- Jeremiah 38:1 Then Shephatiah the son of Mattan, and Gedaliah the son of Pashur, and Jucal the son of Shelemiah, and Pashur the son of Malchiah, heard the words that Jeremiah had spoken unto all the people, saying,
- Jeremiah 38:4 Therefore the princes said unto the king, We beseech thee, let this man be put to death: for thus he weakeneth the hands of the men of war that remain in this city, and the hands of all the people, in speaking such words unto them: for this man seeketh not the welfare of this people, but the hurt.