Sharon in the Bible
1. The maritime slope of Palestine north of the city of Joppa
David's herds in
- 1 Chronicles 27:29 And over the herds that fed in Sharon was Shitrai the Sharonite: and over the herds that were in the valleys was Shaphat the son of Adlai:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHARON.
Roses and beauty of
- Song of Solomon 2:1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
- Isaiah 33:9 The earth mourneth and languisheth: Lebanon is ashamed and hewn down: Sharon is like a wilderness; and Bashan and Carmel shake off their fruits.
- Isaiah 35:2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.
- Isaiah 65:10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Sharon.
- Acts 9:35 And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.
2. A place that has not been ascertained
- 1 Chronicles 5:16 And they dwelt in Gilead in Bashan, and in her towns, and in all the suburbs of Sharon, upon their borders.