Seasons in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
- Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
- Psalms 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
- Jeremiah 33:20 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
- Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
- Matthew 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
- Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
- Mark 12:2 And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.
- Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SEASONS.
⇒Definition of season
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Season.