Rope in the Bible
- Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ROPE.
Worn on the head as an emblem of servitude
- 1 Kings 20:31-32 And his servants said unto him, Behold now, we have heard that the kings of the house of Israel are merciful kings: let us, I pray thee, put sackcloth on our loins, and ropes upon our heads, and go out to the king of Israel: peradventure he will save thy life. 32 So they girded sackcloth on their loins, and put ropes on their heads, and came to the king of Israel, and said, Thy servant Benhadad saith, I pray thee, let me live. And he said, Is he yet alive? he is my brother.
⇒Definition of rope
Used in casting lots
- Micah 2:5 Therefore thou shalt have none that shall cast a cord by lot in the congregation of the LORD.
- Hosea 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.
- Job 36:8 And if they be bound in fetters, and be holden in cords of affliction;
- Psalms 140:5 The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
- Proverbs 5:22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.