Rephaiah in the Bible
1. A descendant of David
- 1 Chronicles 3:21 And the sons of Hananiah; Pelatiah, and Jesaiah: the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, the sons of Shechaniah.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for REPHAIAH.
2. A Simeonite captain
- 1 Chronicles 4:42 And some of them, even of the sons of Simeon, five hundred men, went to mount Seir, having for their captains Pelatiah, and Neariah, and Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Rephaiah.
3. Son of Tola, from the tribe of Issachar
- 1 Chronicles 7:2 And the sons of Tola; Uzzi, and Rephaiah, and Jeriel, and Jahmai, and Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father's house, to wit, of Tola: they were valiant men of might in their generations; whose number was in the days of David two and twenty thousand and six hundred.
4. A descendant of Jonathan
- 1 Chronicles 9:43 And Moza begat Binea; and Rephaiah his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son.
- 1 Chronicles 8:37 And Moza begat Binea: Rapha was his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son:
5. Governor over half of Jerusalem during the time of Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 3:9 And next unto them repaired Rephaiah the son of Hur, the ruler of the half part of Jerusalem.