Rekem in the Bible
1. A king of the Midianites, killed by the Israelites
- Numbers 31:8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
- Joshua 13:21 And all the cities of the plain, and all the kingdom of Sihon king of the Amorites, which reigned in Heshbon, whom Moses smote with the princes of Midian, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, which were dukes of Sihon, dwelling in the country.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for REKEM.
2. A son of Hebron
- 1 Chronicles 2:43-44 And the sons of Hebron; Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema. 44 And Shema begat Raham, the father of Jorkoam: and Rekem begat Shammai.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Rekem.
3. A city in territory of Benjamin
- Joshua 18:27 And Rekem, and Irpeel, and Taralah,