Pretorium in the Bible
Also called PRAETORIUM, COMMON HALL, JUDGMENT HALL, and PALACE
- Matthew 27:27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
- Mark 15:16 And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium; and they call together the whole band.
- John 18:28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.
- John 18:33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
- John 19:9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.
- Acts 23:35 I will hear thee, said he, when thine accusers are also come. And he commanded him to be kept in Herod's judgment hall.
- Philippians 1:13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Pretorium.