Phut in the Bible
Also called PUT 1. Son of Ham
- Genesis 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
- 1 Chronicles 1:8 The sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PHUT.
2. The descendants of Phut, or the country inhabited by them
- Ezekiel 27:10 They of Persia and of Lud and of Phut were in thine army, thy men of war: they hanged the shield and helmet in thee; they set forth thy comeliness.
- Nahum 3:9 Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinite; Put and Lubim were thy helpers.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Phut.
- Jeremiah 46:9 Come up, ye horses; and rage, ye chariots; and let the mighty men come forth; the Ethiopians and the Libyans, that handle the shield; and the Lydians, that handle and bend the bow.
- Ezekiel 30:5 Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.
- Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: