Perfume in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Proverbs 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
- Song of Solomon 3:6 Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?
- Isaiah 57:9 And thou wentest to the king with ointment, and didst increase thy perfumes, and didst send thy messengers far off, and didst debase thyself even unto hell.
⇒Definition of perfume
Used in the tabernacle
- Exodus 30:7 And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning: when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it.
- Exodus 35:28 And spice, and oil for the light, and for the anointing oil, and for the sweet incense.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Perfume.
Beds perfumed with myrrh
- Proverbs 7:17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
Smelling bottles, translated "tablets" in A. V
- Isaiah 3:20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,