Pelatiah in the Bible
1. A son of Hananiah, of the family of David
- 1 Chronicles 3:21 And the sons of Hananiah; Pelatiah, and Jesaiah: the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, the sons of Shechaniah.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PELATIAH.
2. A Simeonite who was captain in an expedition against the Amalekites
- 1 Chronicles 4:42-43 And some of them, even of the sons of Simeon, five hundred men, went to mount Seir, having for their captains Pelatiah, and Neariah, and Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi. 43 And they smote the rest of the Amalekites that were escaped, and dwelt there unto this day.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Pelatiah.
3. One of those who signed the covenant with Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 10:22 Pelatiah, Hanan, Anaiah,
4. A prince against whom Ezekiel prophesied, and who fell dead at the close of the prophecy
- Ezekiel 11:1-13 Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the LORD'S house, which looketh eastward: and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people. 2 Then said he unto me, Son of man, these are the men that devise mischief, and give wicked counsel in this city: 3 Which say, It is not near; let us build houses: this city is the caldron, and we be the flesh. 4 Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, O son of man. ...