Nurse in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Genesis 24:59 And they sent away Rebekah their sister, and her nurse, and Abraham's servant, and his men.
- Genesis 35:8 But Deborah Rebekah's nurse died, and she was buried beneath Bethel under an oak: and the name of it was called Allonbachuth.
- Exodus 2:7 Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
- Ruth 4:16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
- 2 Kings 11:2 But Jehosheba, the daughter of king Joram, sister of Ahaziah, took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the king's sons which were slain; and they hid him, even him and his nurse, in the bedchamber from Athaliah, so that he was not slain.
- Isaiah 60:4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
⇒Definition of nurse
- 2 Samuel 4:4 And Jonathan, Saul's son, had a son that was lame of his feet. He was five years old when the tidings came of Saul and Jonathan out of Jezreel, and his nurse took him up, and fled: and it came to pass, as she made haste to flee, that he fell, and became lame. And his name was Mephibosheth.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Nurse.