Nethaneel in the Bible
1. The prince of the tribe of Issachar
Counts the tribe
- Numbers 1:8 Of Issachar; Nethaneel the son of Zuar.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for NETHANEL.
Captain of the host of Issachar
- Numbers 2:5 And those that do pitch next unto him shall be the tribe of Issachar: and Nethaneel the son of Zuar shall be captain of the children of Issachar.
- Numbers 10:15 And over the host of the tribe of the children of Issachar was Nethaneel the son of Zuar.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Nethaneel.
Liberality of, for the tabernacle
- Numbers 7:18-23 On the second day Nethaneel the son of Zuar, prince of Issachar, did offer: 19 He offered for his offering one silver charger, the weight whereof was an hundred and thirty shekels, one silver bowl of seventy shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary; both of them full of fine flour mingled with oil for a meat offering: 20 One spoon of gold of ten shekels, full of incense: 21 One young bullock, one ram, one lamb of the first year, for a burnt offering: ...
2. A priest and doorkeeper for the ark of the covenant
- 1 Chronicles 15:24 And Shebaniah, and Jehoshaphat, and Nethaneel, and Amasai, and Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow with the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obededom and Jehiah were doorkeepers for the ark.
3. A Levite
- 1 Chronicles 24:6 And Shemaiah the son of Nethaneel the scribe, one of the Levites, wrote them before the king, and the princes, and Zadok the priest, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, and before the chief of the fathers of the priests and Levites: one principal household being taken for Eleazar, and one taken for Ithamar.
4. Son of Obed-edom, and porter of the temple
- 1 Chronicles 26:4 Moreover the sons of Obededom were, Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethaneel the fifth,
5. A prince sent by Jehoshaphat to teach the law in the cities of Judah
- 2 Chronicles 17:7 Also in the third year of his reign he sent to his princes, even to Benhail, and to Obadiah, and to Zechariah, and to Nethaneel, and to Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah.
6. A Levite
- 2 Chronicles 35:9 Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brethren, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave unto the Levites for passover offerings five thousand small cattle, and five hundred oxen.
7. A priest who divorced his Gentile wife
- Ezra 10:22 And of the sons of Pashur; Elioenai, Maaseiah, Ishmael, Nethaneel, Jozabad, and Elasah.
8. A priest
- Nehemiah 12:21 Of Hilkiah, Hashabiah; of Jedaiah, Nethaneel.
9. A Levite and musician
- Nehemiah 12:36 And his brethren, Shemaiah, and Azarael, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethaneel, and Judah, Hanani, with the musical instruments of David the man of God, and Ezra the scribe before them.