Michael in the Bible
1. An Asherite
- Numbers 13:13 Of the tribe of Asher, Sethur the son of Michael.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MICHAEL.
2. Two Gadites
- 1 Chronicles 5:13-14 And their brethren of the house of their fathers were, Michael, and Meshullam, and Sheba, and Jorai, and Jachan, and Zia, and Heber, seven. 14 These are the children of Abihail the son of Huri, the son of Jaroah, the son of Gilead, the son of Michael, the son of Jeshishai, the son of Jahdo, the son of Buz;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Michael.
3. A Gershonite Levite
- 1 Chronicles 6:40 The son of Michael, the son of Baaseiah, the son of Malchiah,
4. A descendant of Issachar
- 1 Chronicles 7:3 And the sons of Uzzi; Izrahiah: and the sons of Izrahiah; Michael, and Obadiah, and Joel, Ishiah, five: all of them chief men.
5. A Benjamite
- 1 Chronicles 8:16 And Michael, and Ispah, and Joha, the sons of Beriah;
6. A captain of the thousands of Manasseh who joined David at Ziklag
- 1 Chronicles 12:20 As he went to Ziklag, there fell to him of Manasseh, Adnah, and Jozabad, and Jediael, and Michael, and Jozabad, and Elihu, and Zilthai, captains of the thousands that were of Manasseh.
7. Father of Omri
- 1 Chronicles 27:18 Of Judah, Elihu, one of the brethren of David: of Issachar, Omri the son of Michael:
8. Son of Jehoshaphat
Killed by his brother, Jehoram
- 2 Chronicles 21:2-4 And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah: all these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel. 3 And their father gave them great gifts of silver, and of gold, and of precious things, with fenced cities in Judah: but the kingdom gave he to Jehoram; because he was the firstborn. 4 Now when Jehoram was risen up to the kingdom of his father, he strengthened himself, and slew all his brethren with the sword, and divers also of the princes of Israel.
9. Father of Zebadiah
- Ezra 8:8 And of the sons of Shephatiah; Zebadiah the son of Michael, and with him fourscore males.
10. The Archangel
His message to Daniel
- Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
- Daniel 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
- Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Contention with the devil
- Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
Fights with the dragon
- Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,