Meremoth in the Bible
1. A priest who was appointed to weigh and register gold and silver vessels brought to Jerusalem
- Ezra 8:33 Now on the fourth day was the silver and the gold and the vessels weighed in the house of our God by the hand of Meremoth the son of Uriah the priest; and with him was Eleazar the son of Phinehas; and with them was Jozabad the son of Jeshua, and Noadiah the son of Binnui, Levites;
- Nehemiah 3:4 And next unto them repaired Meremoth the son of Urijah, the son of Koz. And next unto them repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah, the son of Meshezabeel. And next unto them repaired Zadok the son of Baana.
- Nehemiah 3:21 After him repaired Meremoth the son of Urijah the son of Koz another piece, from the door of the house of Eliashib even to the end of the house of Eliashib.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MEREMOTH.
2. A Jew who divorced his Gentile wife after the captivity
- Ezra 10:36 Vaniah, Meremoth, Eliashib,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Meremoth.
3. A priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 10:5 Harim, Meremoth, Obadiah,
- Nehemiah 12:3 Shechaniah, Rehum, Meremoth,