Meditation in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
- Psalms 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
- Psalms 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
- Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
- Psalms 39:3 My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
- Psalms 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.
- Psalms 63:5-6 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
- Psalms 73:12-22 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches. 13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency. 14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning. 15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children. ...
- Psalms 77:10-12 And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. 11 I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. 12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
- Psalms 104:34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
- Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Psalms 119:15-16 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
- Psalms 119:23 Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.
- Psalms 119:48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
- Psalms 119:55 I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.
- Psalms 119:59 I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
- Psalms 119:78 Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
- Psalms 119:97-99 MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. 98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. 99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
- Psalms 119:148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.
- Psalms 139:17-18 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
- Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
- 1 Timothy 4:13-15 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. 15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MEDITATION.
⇒Definition of meditation
- Genesis 24:63 And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming.