Medes in the Bible
Inhabitants of Media Israelites distributed among, when carried to Assyria
- 2 Kings 17:6 In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.
- 2 Kings 18:11 And the king of Assyria did carry away Israel unto Assyria, and put them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MEDES.
Palace in the Bablonian province of
- Ezra 6:2 And there was found at Achmetha, in the palace that is in the province of the Medes, a roll, and therein was a record thus written:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Mede.
An essential part of the Medo-Persian Empire
- Esther 1:1 Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this is Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces:)
- Esther 1:19 If it please the king, let there go a royal commandment from him, and let it be written among the laws of the Persians and the Medes, that it be not altered, That Vashti come no more before king Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal estate unto another that is better than she.
Supremacy of, in the Chaldean Empire
- Daniel 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
- Daniel 5:31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.
- Daniel 9:1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;
- Daniel 11:1 Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him.