Kiss in the Bible
- Genesis 27:26-27 And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son. 27 And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:
- Genesis 31:55 And early in the morning Laban rose up, and kissed his sons and his daughters, and blessed them: and Laban departed, and returned unto his place.
- Genesis 33:4 And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
- Genesis 48:10 Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them.
- Genesis 50:1 And Joseph fell upon his father's face, and wept upon him, and kissed him.
- Exodus 18:7 And Moses went out to meet his father in law, and did obeisance, and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare; and they came into the tent.
- Ruth 1:14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.
- 2 Samuel 14:33 So Joab came to the king, and told him: and when he had called for Absalom, he came to the king, and bowed himself on his face to the ground before the king: and the king kissed Absalom.
- 2 Samuel 19:39 And all the people went over Jordan. And when the king was come over, the king kissed Barzillai, and blessed him; and he returned unto his own place.
- Luke 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
- Acts 20:37 And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for KISS.
The feet of Jesus kissed by the penitent woman
- Luke 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
⇒Definition of kiss
- Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Kiss.
Of Joab, when he killed Amasa
- 2 Samuel 20:9-10 And Joab said to Amasa, Art thou in health, my brother? And Joab took Amasa by the beard with the right hand to kiss him. 10 But Amasa took no heed to the sword that was in Joab's hand: so he smote him therewith in the fifth rib, and shed out his bowels to the ground, and struck him not again; and he died. So Joab and Abishai his brother pursued after Sheba the son of Bichri.
Of Judas, when he betrayed Jesus
- Matthew 26:48 Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.
- Luke 22:48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?
- Romans 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
- 2 Corinthians 13:12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
- 1 Peter 5:14 Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.