Joktheel in the Bible
1. A city of the territory of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:38 And Dilean, and Mizpeh, and Joktheel,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JOKTHEEL.
2. A name given by Amaziah to Selah, a stronghold of Edom
- 2 Kings 14:7 He slew of Edom in the valley of salt ten thousand, and took Selah by war, and called the name of it Joktheel unto this day.
- 2 Chronicles 25:11-12 And Amaziah strengthened himself, and led forth his people, and went to the valley of salt, and smote of the children of Seir ten thousand. 12 And other ten thousand left alive did the children of Judah carry away captive, and brought them unto the top of the rock, and cast them down from the top of the rock, that they all were broken in pieces.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Joktheel.
Called "rock" in
- Judges 1:36 And the coast of the Amorites was from the going up to Akrabbim, from the rock, and upward.