Jerimoth in the Bible
1. Also called JEREMOTH
Son of Bela
- 1 Chronicles 7:7 And the sons of Bela; Ezbon, and Uzzi, and Uzziel, and Jerimoth, and Iri, five; heads of the house of their fathers, mighty men of valour; and were reckoned by their genealogies twenty and two thousand and thirty and four.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JERIMOTH.
2. Son of Becher
- 1 Chronicles 7:8 And the sons of Becher; Zemira, and Joash, and Eliezer, and Elioenai, and Omri, and Jerimoth, and Abiah, and Anathoth, and Alameth. All these are the sons of Becher.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jerimoth.
3. The disaffected Israelite, who denounced Saul and joined David at Ziklag
- 1 Chronicles 12:5 Eluzai, and Jerimoth, and Bealiah, and Shemariah, and Shephatiah the Haruphite,
4. Son of Mushi
- 1 Chronicles 23:23 The sons of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jeremoth, three.
- 1 Chronicles 24:30 The sons also of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jerimoth. These were the sons of the Levites after the house of their fathers.
5. Son of Heman
- 1 Chronicles 25:4 Of Heman: the sons of Heman; Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, and Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, and Romamtiezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and Mahazioth:
6. A ruler of the tribe of Naphtali
- 1 Chronicles 27:19 Of Zebulun, Ishmaiah the son of Obadiah: of Naphtali, Jerimoth the son of Azriel:
7. A son of David
- 2 Chronicles 11:18 And Rehoboam took him Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth the son of David to wife, and Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Jesse;