Jahaz in the Bible
Also called JAHAZA, JAHAZAH, and JAHZAH A Levitical city in Reuben, taken from the Moabites
- Joshua 13:18 And Jahazah, and Kedemoth, and Mephaath,
- Joshua 21:36 And out of the tribe of Reuben, Bezer with her suburbs, and Jahazah with her suburbs,
- Isaiah 15:4 And Heshbon shall cry, and Elealeh: their voice shall be heard even unto Jahaz: therefore the armed soldiers of Moab shall cry out; his life shall be grievous unto him.
- Jeremiah 48:21 And judgment is come upon the plain country; upon Holon, and upon Jahazah, and upon Mephaath,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JAHAZ.
Sihon defeated at
- Numbers 21:23 And Sihon would not suffer Israel to pass through his border: but Sihon gathered all his people together, and went out against Israel into the wilderness: and he came to Jahaz, and fought against Israel.
- Deuteronomy 2:32 Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, to fight at Jahaz.
- Judges 11:20 But Sihon trusted not Israel to pass through his coast: but Sihon gathered all his people together, and pitched in Jahaz, and fought against Israel.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jahaz.