Invention in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Proverbs 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
Of musical instruments
- Genesis 4:21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
- 1 Chronicles 23:5 Moreover four thousand were porters; and four thousand praised the LORD with the instruments which I made, said David, to praise therewith.
- 2 Chronicles 7:6 And the priests waited on their offices: the Levites also with instruments of musick of the LORD, which David the king had made to praise the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever, when David praised by their ministry; and the priests sounded trumpets before them, and all Israel stood.
- 2 Chronicles 29:26 And the Levites stood with the instruments of David, and the priests with the trumpets.
- Amos 6:5 That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of musick, like David;
The use of metals
- Genesis 4:22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.
The engines of war
- 2 Chronicles 26:15 And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong.