Inscriptions in the Bible
- 2 Kings 23:17 Then he said, What title is that that I see? And the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for INSCRIPTION.
Above Jesus at the crucifixion
- Matthew 27:37 And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
- Mark 15:26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
- Luke 23:38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
- John 19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
⇒Definition of inscription
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Inscriptions.