Imprisonment in the Bible
- Genesis 39:20 And Joseph's master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.
- Jeremiah 38:6 Then took they Jeremiah, and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the son of Hammelech, that was in the court of the prison: and they let down Jeremiah with cords. And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire: so Jeremiah sunk in the mire.
Of John the Baptist
- Matthew 11:2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
- Matthew 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.
Of the Apostles
- Acts 5:18 And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.
Of Paul and Silas
- Acts 16:24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
- Acts 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
- Matthew 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
- Matthew 18:30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.