Immer in the Bible
1. A family of priests
- 1 Chronicles 9:12 And Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pashur, the son of Malchijah, and Maasiai the son of Adiel, the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer;
- Ezra 2:37 The children of Immer, a thousand fifty and two.
- Ezra 10:20 And of the sons of Immer; Hanani, and Zebadiah.
- Nehemiah 7:40 The children of Immer, a thousand fifty and two.
- Nehemiah 11:13 And his brethren, chief of the fathers, two hundred forty and two: and Amashai the son of Azareel, the son of Ahasai, the son of Meshillemoth, the son of Immer,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for IMMER.
2. Head of a division of priests
- 1 Chronicles 24:14 The fifteenth to Bilgah, the sixteenth to Immer,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Immer.
3. Name of a man or town
- Ezra 2:59 And these were they which went up from Telmelah, Telharsa, Cherub, Addan, and Immer: but they could not shew their father's house, and their seed, whether they were of Israel:
- Nehemiah 7:61 And these were they which went up also from Telmelah, Telharesha, Cherub, Addon, and Immer: but they could not shew their father's house, nor their seed, whether they were of Israel.
4. Father of Zadok
- Nehemiah 3:29 After them repaired Zadok the son of Immer over against his house. After him repaired also Shemaiah the son of Shechaniah, the keeper of the east gate.
5. Father of Pashur
- Jeremiah 20:1-2 Now Pashur the son of Immer the priest, who was also chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things. 2 Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.