Herodias in the Bible
Daughter of Aristobulus
- Matthew 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.
- Matthew 14:6 But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod.
- Mark 6:17 For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her.
- Mark 6:19 Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not:
- Mark 6:22 And when the daughter of the said Herodias came in, and danced, and pleased Herod and them that sat with him, the king said unto the damsel, Ask of me whatsoever thou wilt, and I will give it thee.
- Luke 3:19 But Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by him for Herodias his brother Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HERODIAS.
⇒Definition of herodians
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Herodias.