Havilah in the Bible
1. Son of Cush
- Genesis 10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
- 1 Chronicles 1:9 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raamah, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HAVILAH.
2. A son of Joktan
- Genesis 10:29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
- 1 Chronicles 1:23 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Havilah.
3. An unknown region
- Genesis 2:11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
4. A district east of Amalek
- Genesis 25:18 And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur, that is before Egypt, as thou goest toward Assyria: and he died in the presence of all his brethren.
- 1 Samuel 15:7 And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur, that is over against Egypt.