Hashub in the Bible
1. Son of Pahath-moab
- Nehemiah 3:11 Malchijah the son of Harim, and Hashub the son of Pahathmoab, repaired the other piece, and the tower of the furnaces.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HASHUB.
2. One of the captivity who assisted in repairing the wall of Jerusalem
- Nehemiah 3:23 After him repaired Benjamin and Hashub over against their house. After him repaired Azariah the son of Maaseiah the son of Ananiah by his house.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hashub.
3. Head of a family
- Nehemiah 10:23 Hoshea, Hananiah, Hashub,
4. Also called Hasshub
- 1 Chronicles 9:14 And of the Levites; Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari;
- Nehemiah 11:15 Also of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hashub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Bunni;