Hashabiah in the Bible
1. Son of Amaziah, a Levite
- 1 Chronicles 6:45 The son of Hashabiah, the son of Amaziah, the son of Hilkiah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HASHABIAH.
2. Son of Jeduthun, a Levite
- 1 Chronicles 25:3 Of Jeduthun: the sons of Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshaiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied with a harp, to give thanks and to praise the LORD.
- 1 Chronicles 25:19 The twelfth to Hashabiah, he, his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hashabiah.
3. Son of Kemuel
- 1 Chronicles 26:30 And of the Hebronites, Hashabiah and his brethren, men of valour, a thousand and seven hundred, were officers among them of Israel on this side Jordan westward in all the business of the LORD, and in the service of the king.
- 1 Chronicles 27:17 Of the Levites, Hashabiah the son of Kemuel: of the Aaronites, Zadok:
4. A chief Levite
- 2 Chronicles 35:9 Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brethren, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave unto the Levites for passover offerings five thousand small cattle, and five hundred oxen.
5. Son of Bunni
- 1 Chronicles 9:14 And of the Levites; Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari;
- Nehemiah 11:15 Also of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hashub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Bunni;
6. Son of Mattaniah, a Levite
- Nehemiah 11:22 The overseer also of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha. Of the sons of Asaph, the singers were over the business of the house of God.
7. A chief priest who had charge of the bullion and other valuables of the temple, at Jerusalem
- Ezra 8:24 Then I separated twelve of the chief of the priests, Sherebiah, Hashabiah, and ten of their brethren with them,
Probably identical with the one mentioned in
- Nehemiah 12:21 Of Hilkiah, Hashabiah; of Jedaiah, Nethaneel.
8. A Merarite Levite
- Ezra 8:19 And Hashabiah, and with him Jeshaiah of the sons of Merari, his brethren and their sons, twenty;
9. A chief of the Levites
- Nehemiah 3:17 After him repaired the Levites, Rehum the son of Bani. Next unto him repaired Hashabiah, the ruler of the half part of Keilah, in his part.
- Nehemiah 10:11 Micha, Rehob, Hashabiah,
- Nehemiah 12:24 And the chief of the Levites: Hashabiah, Sherebiah, and Jeshua the son of Kadmiel, with their brethren over against them, to praise and to give thanks, according to the commandment of David the man of God, ward over against ward.