Ham in the Bible
1. Son of Noah
- Genesis 5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- Genesis 9:18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.
- Genesis 9:24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
- 1 Chronicles 1:4 Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Provokes his father's wrath and is cursed by him
- Genesis 9:18-27 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. 19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread. 20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. ...
- Genesis 10:6-20 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. ...
- 1 Chronicles 1:8-16 The sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. 9 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raamah, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 10 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth. 11 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim, ...
2. Patronymic of the descendants of Ham
- 1 Chronicles 4:40 And they found fat pasture and good, and the land was wide, and quiet, and peaceable; for they of Ham had dwelt there of old.
- Psalms 78:51 And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:
- Psalms 105:23 Israel also came into Egypt; and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
- Psalms 105:27 They shewed his signs among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.
- Psalms 106:22 Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and terrible things by the Red sea.
3. Place where Chedorlaomer struck down the Zuzims
- Genesis 14:5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,