Ezion-gaber (Ezion-geber) in the Bible
Last encampment of Israel before coming to the "wilderness of Zin,"
- Numbers 33:35-36 And they departed from Ebronah, and encamped at Eziongaber. 36 And they removed from Eziongaber, and pitched in the wilderness of Zin, which is Kadesh.
- Deuteronomy 2:8 And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, through the way of the plain from Elath, and from Eziongaber, we turned and passed by the way of the wilderness of Moab.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for EZION-GEBER.
Solomon built a navy at
- 1 Kings 9:26 And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Eziongeber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red sea, in the land of Edom.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Eziongeber.
- 2 Chronicles 8:17 Then went Solomon to Eziongeber, and to Eloth, at the sea side in the land of Edom.
Jehoshaphat built a navy at
- 2 Chronicles 20:36 And he joined himself with him to make ships to go to Tarshish: and they made the ships in Eziongeber.
Ships of Jehoshaphat wrecked at
- 1 Kings 22:48 Jehoshaphat made ships of Tharshish to go to Ophir for gold: but they went not; for the ships were broken at Eziongeber.