Eshtaol in the Bible
A town of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:33 And in the valley, Eshtaol, and Zoreah, and Ashnah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ESHTAOL.
Allotted to Dan
- Joshua 19:41 And the coast of their inheritance was Zorah, and Eshtaol, and Irshemesh,
- Judges 18:2 And the children of Dan sent of their family five men from their coasts, men of valour, from Zorah, and from Eshtaol, to spy out the land, and to search it; and they said unto them, Go, search the land: who when they came to mount Ephraim, to the house of Micah, they lodged there.
- Judges 18:8 And they came unto their brethren to Zorah and Eshtaol: and their brethren said unto them, What say ye?
- Judges 18:11 And there went from thence of the family of the Danites, out of Zorah and out of Eshtaol, six hundred men appointed with weapons of war.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Eshtaol.
Samson moved by the spirit of the Lord near
- Judges 13:25 And the Spirit of the LORD began to move him at times in the camp of Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.
Samson buried near
- Judges 16:31 Then his brethren and all the house of his father came down, and took him, and brought him up, and buried him between Zorah and Eshtaol in the buryingplace of Manoah his father. And he judged Israel twenty years.