Elath in the Bible
Also called Eloth A city of Idumea
- Deuteronomy 2:8 And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, through the way of the plain from Elath, and from Eziongaber, we turned and passed by the way of the wilderness of Moab.
- 1 Kings 9:26 And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Eziongeber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red sea, in the land of Edom.
- 2 Chronicles 8:17 Then went Solomon to Eziongeber, and to Eloth, at the sea side in the land of Edom.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Elath.
Conquest of, by Uzziah
- 2 Chronicles 26:2 He built Eloth, and restored it to Judah, after that the king slept with his fathers.
By the Syrians
- 2 Kings 16:6 At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day.