Elam in the Bible
1. A district southeast of Babylon, on Persian Gulf
- Genesis 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations;
- Genesis 14:9 With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations, and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.
- Daniel 8:2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.
- Isaiah 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
- Acts 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
2. A Korhite Levite
- 1 Chronicles 26:3 Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Elioenai the seventh.
3. A Benjamite chief
- 1 Chronicles 8:24 And Hananiah, and Elam, and Antothijah,
4. Designated as "the other Elam,"
- Ezra 2:31 The children of the other Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
- Nehemiah 7:34 The children of the other Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
5. A Jewish captive, whose descendants, to the number of One-thousand two-hundred and fifty-four returned from Babylon
- Ezra 2:7 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
- Ezra 8:7 And of the sons of Elam; Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah, and with him seventy males.
- Nehemiah 7:12 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
6. A Levite musician
- Nehemiah 12:42 And Maaseiah, and Shemaiah, and Eleazar, and Uzzi, and Jehohanan, and Malchijah, and Elam, and Ezer. And the singers sang loud, with Jezrahiah their overseer.
7. One of the Israelitish chiefs with Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 10:14 The chief of the people; Parosh, Pahathmoab, Elam, Zatthu, Bani,