Dibon in the Bible
1. Also called DIBON-GAD and DIMON
A city on the northern banks of the Arnon
- Numbers 21:30 We have shot at them; Heshbon is perished even unto Dibon, and we have laid them waste even unto Nophah, which reacheth unto Medeba.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Dibon.
Israelites encamp at
- Numbers 33:45 And they departed from Iim, and pitched in Dibongad.
Allotted to Gad and Reuben
- Numbers 32:3 Ataroth, and Dibon, and Jazer, and Nimrah, and Heshbon, and Elealeh, and Shebam, and Nebo, and Beon,
- Numbers 32:34 And the children of Gad built Dibon, and Ataroth, and Aroer,
- Joshua 13:9 From Aroer, that is upon the bank of the river Arnon, and the city that is in the midst of the river, and all the plain of Medeba unto Dibon;
- Joshua 13:17 Heshbon, and all her cities that are in the plain; Dibon, and Bamothbaal, and Bethbaalmeon,
Taken by Moab
- Isaiah 15:2 He is gone up to Bajith, and to Dibon, the high places, to weep: Moab shall howl over Nebo, and over Medeba: on all their heads shall be baldness, and every beard cut off.
- Isaiah 15:9 For the waters of Dimon shall be full of blood: for I will bring more upon Dimon, lions upon him that escapeth of Moab, and upon the remnant of the land.
- Jeremiah 48:18 Thou daughter that dost inhabit Dibon, come down from thy glory, and sit in thirst; for the spoiler of Moab shall come upon thee, and he shall destroy thy strong holds.
- Jeremiah 48:22 And upon Dibon, and upon Nebo, and upon Bethdiblathaim,
2. A city in the tribe of Judah
- Nehemiah 11:25 And for the villages, with their fields, some of the children of Judah dwelt at Kirjatharba, and in the villages thereof, and at Dibon, and in the villages thereof, and at Jekabzeel, and in the villages thereof,
Probably identical with DIMINAH
- Joshua 15:22 And Kinah, and Dimonah, and Adadah,