Cush in the Bible
1. Son of Ham
- Genesis 10:6-8 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
- 1 Chronicles 1:8-10 The sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. 9 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raamah, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 10 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth.
2. A Benjamite, title of
- Psalms 7 O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: 2 Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver. 3 O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands; 4 If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:) ...
3. Land of
- Genesis 2:13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
- Psalms 68:31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.
- Isaiah 18:1 Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia: