Constancy in the Bible
- Psalms 119:31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.
- Psalms 119:33 HE. Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
- Proverbs 27:10 Thine own friend, and thy father's friend, forsake not; neither go into thy brother's house in the day of thy calamity: for better is a neighbour that is near than a brother far off.
- Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
- Hebrews 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
- 1 Peter 4:12-16 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. ...
- Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
- Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
- Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
- Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
- Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
- Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
- Ruth 1:14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.
- 1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
- 1 Samuel 20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
Priscilla and Aquila
- Romans 16:3-4 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: 4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.