Conceit in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
- Proverbs 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
- Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
- Proverbs 23:4 Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
- Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
- Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
- Proverbs 26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
- Proverbs 28:11 The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
- Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
- Isaiah 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
- Jeremiah 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
- Luke 18:11-12 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
- Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
- Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
- Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.