Cleanliness in the Bible
Taught by frequent ablutions See ABLUTION
Regulation relating to, in camp
- Deuteronomy 23:12-14 Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad: 13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee: 14 For the LORD thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.
- Psalms 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
- Psalms 73:1 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.
- Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?
- Isaiah 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
- Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,