Caterpillar in the Bible
Sent as a judgment
- 1 Kings 8:37 If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, blasting, mildew, locust, or if there be caterpiller; if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities; whatsoever plague, whatsoever sickness there be;
- Psalms 78:46 He gave also their increase unto the caterpiller, and their labour unto the locust.
- Psalms 105:34 He spake, and the locusts came, and caterpillers, and that without number,
- Jeremiah 51:27 Set ye up a standard in the land, blow the trumpet among the nations, prepare the nations against her, call together against her the kingdoms of Ararat, Minni, and Ashchenaz; appoint a captain against her; cause the horses to come up as the rough caterpillers.
- Joel 1:4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.
- Joel 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for CATERPILLAR.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Caterpillar.