Castle in the Bible
- Genesis 25:16 These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.
- Numbers 31:10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
- 1 Chronicles 11:5 And the inhabitants of Jebus said to David, Thou shalt not come hither. Nevertheless David took the castle of Zion, which is the city of David.
- 1 Chronicles 11:7 And David dwelt in the castle; therefore they called it the city of David.
- 2 Chronicles 17:12 And Jehoshaphat waxed great exceedingly; and he built in Judah castles, and cities of store.
- 2 Chronicles 27:4 Moreover he built cities in the mountains of Judah, and in the forests he built castles and towers.
- Acts 21:34 And some cried one thing, some another, among the multitude: and when he could not know the certainty for the tumult, he commanded him to be carried into the castle.
- Acts 21:37 And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?
- Acts 23:10 And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.
- Acts 23:16 And when Paul's sister's son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul.
- Acts 23:32 On the morrow they left the horsemen to go with him, and returned to the castle:
- Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
For the doctrine, "The house is my castle," see
- Deuteronomy 24:10-11 When thou dost lend thy brother any thing, thou shalt not go into his house to fetch his pledge. 11 Thou shalt stand abroad, and the man to whom thou dost lend shall bring out the pledge abroad unto thee.