Boldness in the Bible
Of THE RIGHTEOUS
- Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
- Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
- Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
- Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- Hebrews 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
- Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
- 1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
- 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
INSTANCES OF, IN PRAYER
- Genesis 18:23-32 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? 25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. ...
- Exodus 33:12-18 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight. 13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. 14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. 15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence. ...